Thursday, November 17, 2016

I've often said, it helps when you can make yourself laugh ...

Last week was a long one, capped by the longer day -- and night -- of Nov. 8. (Election Day, remember that?)
On Wednesday, I felt shell-shocked and bleary-eyed. 
That night I was sitting on the sofa in our TV room, when the phone rang. I picked up the phone-shaped object beside me, and stared at it, a bit confused.
The ringing continued.
For a second I thought, "Where is the talk button?"
Then it hit me: There is no talk button on a remote control.
That's when I laughed.

I went back to work at the library on Thursday, and my fog hadn't quite lifted.
I was trying to track down a copy of "Mission Hindenburg," part of "The 39 Clues" series for kids.
I first typed:
"Mission Hindeburg"
2nd attempt:
"Mission Hinedburg"
3rd attempt:
"Mission Hindenenburg"

And that's when I laughed.
(And no one said, "Shhh.")




No comments:

Post a Comment