AI makes me laugh.
It also makes me fear for the human race, but I’ll focus on the fun part for now.
A while back my sister texted me, and mentioned that she had sent a birthday card to our daughter. The real hold-in-your-hand kind!
Sweet. I texted back thanks, adding that it’s always fun to get —
Before I hit the “m” for “mail,” I noticed an auto-suggestion above.
It read: “drunk.”
It’s always fun to get drunk.
Hmm.
Perhaps Siri had overindulged the night before I asked for directions to a post office recently.
I knew there was one nearby, but wasn’t quite sure of the best route.
Siri helpfully suggested a post office “two thousand sixty-two miles to your west. Do you want that one?”
Uh, that’s a no.
“That’s all I could find,” he* said dully.
I gave him another chance, repeating the name of the town, but adding the name of the state.
I could almost hear him saying, “Ohhhhh. You want that one!”
Yes, please. And, Siri, go have a cup of coffee.
—
* My version of Siri is a guy, from Australia.
No comments:
Post a Comment