Monday, March 19, 2018


For Tolkien fans, a gathering of Ents.
Despite the snowy forecast, today is the final day of winter.
Spring arrives tomorrow at 12:15 p.m. I hope it packed a parka.
The approach of a new season reminds me to pay attention: The world around me is about to change, and it’s a good idea to take time to appreciate the way it is, here and now.
Trees are a fine place to start. 
I’ve been looking to the treetops lately, appreciating their leafless silhouettes.
And though I will welcome the return of the leaves, I’ll also miss the beauty of those bare branches, reaching out and up toward the sun.
See you next winter.

Whoa. Willows are complicated.


2 comments:

  1. So true...March marching out it seems. So glad Momentary is back and not just momentarily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, SherryB. Happy to be writing!

    ReplyDelete