Sunday, May 9, 2010


One of my favorite things to watch is invisible.
I’m talking about the wind, that magical force that moves, swirls and hurls things according to its breezy will.
After work yesterday, I took a hike with a friend through the Pennypack Preserve.
While we were winding through a mass of wildflowers, the wind picked up, and I looked up. The treetops were dancing, thrashing, bending, leaves upturned and shimmering in the sun. All accompanied by a windy voice that lies somewhere between a whoosh and a hiss (a sister of the sound waves make when they crash and fade at the shore).
A bit farther down the trail, a small but startling maple branch plopped down right in front of us.
Don’t turn your back on Nature … she’s full of surprises.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely "breezy will". I love that. and the wind, made visual by it impact.

    ReplyDelete